Join Our Team
We are continuously producing a body of ideas and content for INSPIRE. Our philosophy when it comes to volunteer engagement is to divide and conquer, while having alumnae participate in roles that match their capabilities and interests. Any interest from an alumna – no matter how small – is welcome and we will find a way to add your talents to this initiative.
If you’re looking to make lasting connections with Dartmouth alumnae and have a can-do volunteer spirit, contact us.
General Inquiries: We are always looking for fresh energy to support inbound and outbound communications, the storyteller experience, production and editorial. If you have professional skills unique to this project or are curious as to how you can best contribute, please contact us.
Interested in supporting alumnae with telling their stories? We’ve learned a personal touch makes all the difference. Work on the leading edge of our program asking alumnae to participate and giving them what they need to succeed. These can be alumnae from your own communities or from our robust database.
- First time contact with new storytellers as well as follow ups with alumnae who expressed interest
- Explore themes and content in partnership with alumnae
- Listen for opportunities for the story to be expressed through various media types
- Support alumnae with setting and meeting deadlines
- Ensure stories are readied for submission and review
This person must be skilled in active listening, collaboration and developing trust. 4 hours per week.
This role is a critical function for our core team. This is a great opportunity for someone eager to expand their hands-on digital expertise while collaborating with an enthusiastic and smart team of Dartmouth alumnae. This role is ideally suited for a great team player who can work with story organizers and leadership team to publish stories in the best way possible.
This person should have the following interests and experience:
- Loading, managing, and tagging content in WordPress (can learn on the job)
- Experience in YouTube / video management
- Knack for managing digital projects and stakeholders
- Some familiarity with Slack / Box welcomed
Women of Dartmouth’s INSPIRE project is looking for video editors to help create short videos for the website. Most of the videos are interview-style conversations with Alumnae. We often get an hour long video that needs to be cut down to 10 minutes or less. You will work with someone on the INSPIRE story team to create the final video. Here is a recent example.
- Adept at working with Premier (Adobe) editing software
- Possesses an understanding of basic narrative structure
- Has the ability to clean up bad audio, and create music and effects if necessary
- Can potential help credit short clips from the interviews to use on social media for promotional purposes
- Understand basic production