Join Our Team
We are continuously producing a body of ideas and content for INSPIRE. Our philosophy when it comes to volunteer engagement is to divide and conquer, while having alumnae participate in roles that match their capabilities and interests. Any interest from an alumna – no matter how small – is welcome and we will find a way to add your talents to this initiative.
If you’re looking to make lasting connections with Dartmouth alumnae and have a can-do volunteer spirit, contact us.
General Inquiries: We are always looking for fresh energy to support inbound and outbound communications, the storyteller experience, production and editorial. If you have professional skills unique to this project or are curious as to how you can best contribute, please contact us.
Communications: Social Media & Newsletter Content
Create and publish compelling content across multiple channels. The ideal alumna has at least 1-2 years of experience in content/copy/social media writing and basic graphic design skills. You are a team player who is energetic, creative, organized and self-motivated to expand our reach.
- Develop creative and well-thought-out social media ideas for various handles
- Draft and publish INSPIRE’s social media posts and stories
- Coordinate with the story department and website teams to get the ideas executed
- Ensure INSPIRE’s online presence is relevant and stands out
- Monitor and report on performance of posts and audience reactions
Hours vary. Content can often be batched or planned in advance.
This role is a critical function for our core team. This is a great opportunity for someone eager to expand their hands-on digital expertise while collaborating with an enthusiastic and smart team of Dartmouth alumnae. This role is ideally suited for a great team player who can work with story organizers and leadership team to publish stories in the best way possible.
This person should have the following interests and experience:
- Loading, managing, and tagging content in WordPress (can learn on the job)
- Experience in YouTube / video management
- Knack for managing digital projects and stakeholders
- Some familiarity with Slack / Box welcomed
Women of Dartmouth’s INSPIRE project is looking for video editors to help create short videos for the website. Most of the videos are interview-style conversations with Alumnae. We often get an hour long video that needs to be cut down to 10 minutes or less. You will work with someone on the INSPIRE story team to create the final video. Here is a recent example.
- Adept at working with Premier (Adobe) editing software
- Possesses an understanding of basic narrative structure
- Has the ability to clean up bad audio, and create music and effects if necessary
- Can potential help credit short clips from the interviews to use on social media for promotional purposes
- Understand basic production